Monday, December 7, 2009

It's been Busy, Busy, Busy...

The last few days have been great but very busy, I think me and Chad forgot how busy it is having a toddler, and Billi is into EVERYTHING! This morning was my first morning alone with her, and it went well - after she looked through every drawer and crevice humanly possible she settled down and built with some blocks. It seems as though she doesn't have a lot of experience playing with toys, if you show her how to play something then she gets it, but otherwise just doesn't seem to know what to do with it - she must have spent a lot of time outdoors playing? We are in the middle of a rainstorm right now and it is expected to last all week, so we are figuring out things to do inside. She still is on Taiwan time, so she will go to bed when we do, but then wake up after about an hour and stay up until about 3-4am. This morning I made her get up early to try to break the cycle, so we'll see what happens tonight. She wants to sleep in her own bed, but with me in it, so I lay down with her until she falls asleep. Last night when she woke up, she didn't cry, just called out MaMa, so I think she is working through her grief - she still will try to tell me things in the middle of the night; it breaks my heart because I'm sure she is telling me she misses her foster family. As for language, she repeats everything, but I will be so relieved when she knows enough to communicate with us a little more, I feel like I say no a lot without being able to tell her why. Baby proofing is a must even though it was something I really didn't think about since she is almost 4 years old, but it is like having a very, very curious toddler around the age of 2 or 3. Overall she seems very happy and everything seems like a new adventure to her. She has her first doctors appointment next week, and I have to get her into a dentist soon as her four front teeth are in bad shape, but I will wait a couple of weeks for that! I'll post more pics later, gotta run and try to nap while she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment